very cool

May 31, 2007 at 9:43 PM
I'm looking forward to trying this out. I did a bit of ogg interop a while ago as part of my NAudio project (also hosted here at CodePlex). From a very quick look in your source code folders I notice that you have done both encoding and decoding. Is this correct? I have had plans for a while to look into getting interop wrappers for a few other formats too, such as FLAC, WavPack, MP3 (using LAME) etc.

Anyway best wishes for the project. If you get stuck on any interop I'd be willing to offer some advice. I remember it took me quite a while to tease out all the bugs with the ogg decoding I did.
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2007 at 1:55 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2007 at 1:58 PM
I started this in 2004 when I wanted to rebuild my audio library. I just had an Access DB with a listing of all my CDs and wanted to change to SQL Server with a custom interface in .NET instead of the Access Forms. Later I had the idea to combine this with extracting and converting the CDs to a Ogg Vorbis audio library. So I started this project and some others like Vorbis Tools.NET and Getopt.NET (which I needed for the Vorbis Tools). Another project I'm having in my pipeline is a FreeDB client in .NET, but it's too early to release.

Nevertheless, I had in 2004 an issue with my interop lib, which I wasn't able to solve. It decoded some time and crashed because of an interop issue, which I can't remember in detail anymore. Then the hole thing stuck because of my spare time, but now with improved knowledge of the last years, with the switch to .NET 2.0 and from GotDotNet workspaces to CodePlex I'm restarting the hole thing and try to make it stable.

BTW, yes, it should work for encoding and decoding and thanks for your wishes. If you'd like to join you're welcome. At the moment I've just put my old source into .NET 2.0 projects, but it should work at least for decoding.